The Amazing Brain: Mapping Brain Circuits in Vivid Color
Hop aboard as we fly up, down, left, and right through the information highways of the human brain! This captivating and eye-catching video was one of the winners of the 2019 “Show us Your Brain!” contest sponsored by the NIH-led Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies® (BRAIN) Initiative.
The Amazing Brain: Zooming Through the Globus Pallidus Externa
The Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies® (BRAIN) Initiative continues to find new ways to visualize neurons interconnecting into the billions of circuits that control our thoughts, feelings, and movements. This video, another winner in the initiative’s “Show Us Your Brain!” contest, offers a beautiful example of how these imaging techniques are getting better all the time.
Brain Basics: Know Your Brain
The brain is the most complex part of the human body. This three-pound organ is the seat of intelligence, interpreter of the senses, initiator of body movement, and controller of behavior. Lying in its bony shell and washed by protective fluid, the brain is the source of all the qualities that define our humanity. The brain is the crown jewel of the human body.
NeuroPsycho Educational Essays
- A Heartfelt Farewell to My Hero, Oliver Sacks, a Man Who Cannot Be Mistaken for Anything Else but a Human Phenomenon February 20, 2016
- Mind’s Wisdom: Neuroplasticity and Neurointegration as Tools for Post-traumatic Growth May 6, 2015
- Neurobiology of the Beholder’s Share and the Mystery of the Ordinary June 19, 2014
- Not Guilty by Reason of Brain Damage? Neurobiological Underpinnings of Violence April 6, 2014
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF PARENTING: LOVE AT OR BEFORE FIRST SIGHT? April 6, 2014
- Neurobiology, Creativity, Madness, and Their Vicissitudes April 6, 2014
- Neuroscience of Empathy April 6, 2014
- Neurobiology of Generosity April 6, 2014
- The Neurobiological Basis of Thanksgiving, or Neuroscience of Giving and Receiving April 6, 2014
- Was Emily Dickinson a Neuroscientist? April 6, 2014